Cooking Labs at Home
Every student in my cooking classes will be expected to prepare dishes at home 2 times a week and complete the Cooking Lab Form to receive credit for participation.
There is going to be a lot of flexibility around ingredients that are used and how the dishes are prepared. I will provide recipe suggestions each week for each class and I'm hoping these home labs will be fun and helpful for the family.
Please contact me if you are unable to cook at this time or have questions about filling out the form.
Class Codes for Google Classroom
If you are registered for one of my cooking classes, please subscribe to the linked google classroom and type in the code.
2nd Period, International Foods: rc45oot
3rd Period, Beginning Foods: 67e26ih
4th Period, Beginning Foods: qdfswtd
5th Period, International Foods: uslsjhw
- Student Online Expectations If possible, find a quiet place, free from distractions (siblings, pets, parents, televisions).
- Stay on mute when others are speaking.
- If you have something to say, raise your hand or put a comment in the comment box.
- Comment boxes are used to ask questions about the content delivered.
- Be respectful in speaking and writing.
- If you are attending a live class, show up on time.
- Do not record any online meetings.
- Be patient with others in the class.
- Attendance will be taken.
Kahoot Review Games
I have created a Kahoot game for almost anything to do with cooking! Check class announcements for scheduled class Kahoot games. A game pin will be sent out during the weekly video meetup. Please use your real names to get participation points.
Make sure you have the Kahoot app in advance and follow this link to fill in the game pin: https://kahoot.it/
Coronavirus tips: How to grocery shop safely during COVID-19 pandemic
One of the few reasons we should leave the house during this time of social distancing is to buy groceries. Shopping can feel like a daunting task if you have anxiety about catching the virus from other shoppers or from simply picking up a can of soup and placing it in your cart. There are steps you can take to shop as safely as possible.